Howard Murad M.D. is a board certified dermatologist, trained pharmacist and Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine at the Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA. He has personally treated over 50,000 patients, which has helped him to shape the solution-driven skincare formulas sold by Murad today. Dr. Murad founded Murad Inc. in 1989 with a mission to share his ground-breaking skincare formulas and a desire to help people look and feel younger and healthier. He encourages people to achieve whole-body wellness, effortless weight management and freedom from stress, which he believes are the keys to living and ageing well.
Murad skincare products were among the first clinically proven to achieve significant measurable anti-aging results without surgery. Awarded 19 patents for his skincare breakthroughs, Dr. Murad’s skincare line was:
- Among the first to use alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), the game-changing anti-aging ingredient
- First to treat the underlying connection between skincare, healthcare and hydration – leading to the first products to help the cells retain water (RepleniCell).
- Pioneering identification of three distinct types of aging—environmental, genetic, and hormonal—and treatments for each type
- First to introduce the medical spa—combining science-backed treatments with Inclusive Health® stress relief
- “Dr. Murad has literally changed the face of professional skincare. His integration of science-based concepts with the reorganization of holistic care of the skin is a true innovation. Dr. Murad’s philosophy of ‘not treating skin problems, but treating people with skin problems’ supports his belief that ‘skin care is health care.’” ― Mark Lees, PhD, Chair, The Esthetics Manufacturers and Distributors Alliance of the American Beauty Association
When Dr. Murad began to research ways in which the body could be encouraged to hold water more efficiently, he discovered the key was holding water within cells where it does the most good. Testing and validating The Cellular Water Principle™ theory in scientifically controlled research studies, Dr. Murad established that most common dermatological and health problems relate to cellular hydration at their most fundamental level.
Murad Clean and Safety Statement:
Murad was founded on scientific and clinical-focused skin-wellness principles. Our products have been safely and effectively used by millions since 1989. We follow scientific guidelines to ensure that ingredients have been safety tested and our Over-the-Counter (OTC) active ingredients are approved for use by the FDA. In addition, we continuously monitor scientific literature to ensure the products are safe and effective. Our products are consistently rated very highly by consumers because of their efficacy without irritation. On Murad.com, we have our full ingredient lists visible to our consumers as well as “formulated without” statements by product.